Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1, 2009



It's been almost a month, so I'm in real need of a post. Happy April Fools Day! Since my last post, I went to Carlinville for Kristy's bridal shower. Her sister did such a great job of picking out food and decorations. Everything was bright pink and green. It was ADORABLE! Her bachelorette party is this Saturday, so I'm looking forward to that as well. I went with my mom and grandma to my cousin's wife's baby shower also. We hung out with Crystal, Eric, Castro, and Sarah and got to see Castro's new house. It's very nice and roomy. Nate helped them move while I was at the baby shower. I finally made Nathan go to the podiatrist for his toe after he let it get so bad for 2 years. It was an ingrown toe nail at the base of his nail instead of the top. It was really weird. It was growing laterally so much it was almost out the side of his big toe. EW!! It feels much better and all the fun in the sun and flip flop time in AZ helped.






Arizona was great. We got there Wednesday night and were told they were out of the SUV we had booked so we ended up getting an Eclipse convertible. It was soo nice and fast!! :-) We went to a game Thurs, Fri, and Sunday and a practice on Thursday also. The Thursday game got called in the 7th due to weather!! Yes, in arizona! :-( BLAH. It was really windy, but c'mon its windier in Chicago...I think they are used to it. The other team was just pansies I guess. Saturday we went up to Sedona, AZ to see the canyons and stuff up there. It was such pretty scenery and Nathan got a chance to really use his new camera for landscapes and not just baseball player's butts lol. I got Ryne Sandberg and Milton Bradley's autographs which was cool. I also got an ear infection and had quite a painful airplane ride out there, so I went to an urgent care place to get some medicine before the ride home. All in all it was a great and relaxing vacation! The weather was amazing, considering it was snowing at home. I missed Dexter a lot though :-(. Nathan and I loved it so much, that we seriously are debating moving there once we are vested in our 401K's at work in 2011. Who knows!? You only live once....why not go somewhere nice and warm!!






Off to work...I switch back to weekends soon. It's going to suck being on different days than Nathan but it'll be nice working with Debbie again and having 4 days off a week :-)



They brought the Clydesdales and dalmation from STL to the spring training games. The dog was kind of worn out it looks like. Bunting above is my Cubs fave Ted Lilly :-)


2 comments: