Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 26, 2009

Well, I realized after reading Debbie's blog that I'm officially a blogger SLACKER!! :-) Nathan and I went to Seattle to visit his dad, stepmom, and family from Australia for 6 days over the Easter holiday weekend. We had a blast and ate lots of yummy seafood!!! It always seems too short though because we don't get to see them very often and this was my first time meeting his aunt, uncle and cousin from Australia. Their accents are awesome!! I could listen to them talk all day :-) . After our Seattle trip, I started working my weekend nights shift again. Of course Debbie was off and I only got to work with her one day!! Bummer :-(

We started Nate's company slow-pitch softball league last Tuesday by winning our doubleheader. It was a blast!! I hate to say it, but we were both a little sore the next day. How embarrassing!!! I'm looking forward to this week, and my parents are going to bring Dexter and come watch soon. I'm excited. I guess I better work the rust out before they come watch though lol.

This weekend was my friend from college's wedding. Kristy and Stephen's rehearsal dinner was Friday at the country club and it was just a nice relaxed bbq with beer and the cards/cubs game on TV. What more could you ask for?!! Saturday we all got our hair done and drank champagne before going to the church to get dressed. The wedding was wonderful and no one cried except the maid of honor (her sister). We took a party bus after pics to the courthouse to take some more pictures and then off to Staunton for the reception. The hall was gorgeous, decorated in all hot pink and green colors. They had an awesome dinner catered by Ashley's (another bridesmaid) mom who owns a catering business. YUM YUM! And for dessert we had cheesecake with strawberry, chocolate or caramel toppings. It was all so pretty and wonderful and we danced our butts off all night!! The DJ decided it was a good idea to play all the slide, line dances, etc in a row and we were all sweating. GROSS!! Today her and Stephen opened presents at her parents and had brunch. They got some awesome stuff. I can't wait to register for my wedding!!!

Nathan and I met with our wedding coordinator last week and got meal plans finalized for the caterer and times set for arrival, ceremony, reception, etc. Next week we are doing cake testing to figure out what it will look and taste like, and have to go block off some rooms at the Hampton Inn in Columbia, Il. We are also going to register at Sears this Friday morning since we are both off. It seems neverending!! I just can't wait for the day to be here and everything to be done lol. Time to go approve Debbie's samples. Guess that's enough for now.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad, I'm a blog slacker big time too. I'm going to try to update within the next couple of days or so. Did you ever find out what the deal is about the bridesmaids dress discount?? I need to go buy the dress sometime soon, so I was just wondering :)

    What hall in staunton did they have the reception? Crystal ballroom or what? Anyhoo, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete