Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1 year later

one month old 9-3-10
newborn pic - taken next day

Wow, I can't believe a year has passed since writing a blog. I never thought I would be where I am now, but I am loving life!! Nathan and I had an amazing wedding and honeymoon and in December we found out we were pregnant with our first child.




Months later we found out it was going to be a little girl and we were just thrilled. Immediately we started buying all the cute little pink and purple things and went with an adorable monkey theme for her nursery. Donna ( the owner of Double D bar that we work at) threw us an amazing couple's shower along with the help of my mom and we got everything we could have ever imagined needing for our sweet little Rylee Mae. Before knowing the gender of the baby (which I called HE for 5 months....oops) we loved the name Riley as a boy or girl name. So after finding out we decided to make it a more girly spelling. Mae was a cute middle name that I have always loved and it was also Nate's late grandmother's middle name so it was settled. Way easier than I thought it would be.




Due to me being a 10lb 3oz baby, they were concerned with how big Rylee would be. After our 32 week ultrasound we were told she would definitely be over 9 pounds and the doctor was concerned that she wouldn't fit through my pelvis. So once it got closer to my due date (8-7-10) we decided that if I didn't go into labor by 39 weeks that I would be induced. Sounds so easy right?!? Long story short....we were supposed to go in at 8pm to get cervadil inserted and then in morning they were going to start pitocin and break my water. Instead, they didn't have a room open until 1am when I received a phone call to come in ASAP. On no sleep and not having eaten since 5pm we went to the hospital and got pitocin started by 3am. My water was broke at 9am...epidural at noon....full dilation by 230....started pushing at 4......still pushing two hours later. Dr came by to say he could try vacuum but didn't think even that would work b/c she was just plain stuck! Wheeled back to OR at 6pm....Nate came in all scrubbed in and ready with his camera at 6:15 and little Miss Rylee was born at 6:24pm. She was 8lbs 13oz and 20.5 inches long. It was a loonngggg and hectic labor. Things didn't go as the doctor wanted with me coming in to get the cervidil the night before, but that wouldn't have mattered. She was not budging through my pelvis. :-(




We had to stay at the hospital for 4 nights. It was nice to be able to get the hang of breastfeeding with the help of the nurses. We came home on Saturday (her due date hehe) and its been great ever since. We had a minor hiccup with me getting a painful breast infection and having to switch her to formula b/c my milk dried up. She got super constipated and fussy for two days but we have been having such a great time together. I love my family so much and I am definitely dreading going back to work!!




2 comments:

  1. You must come back! I think Mike wants you back yesterday!

    SO glad to hear everything is going so well. Mommyhood is so great!

    ReplyDelete