Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Dexter! My little boy is 1 today :-) . I woke up this morning to about 3 inches of snow on the ground. Ugh! I was going to take Nathan to work before I went in, but his boss is awesome and is letting him work from home. We also had plans to go to dinner with family friends (from sball) at 645 but with the snow its up in the air.

I'm jealous Nathan gets to stay home all day. BUT....he has to deal with the dogs. I love Bella to death but its just so frustrating b/c she doesn't listen and wants to be constantly in your face. She also is like a savage when its dinner time. You would think we never feed her. She will knock anything down in her path for that freakin food dish. It's ridiculous!!

Friday night was fun. We went to Olive garden and I had some yummy lasagna and then we went to Crystal's house and played yahtzee (mine and nate's first time) mad gab, etc. It was fun. We stayed over there till about 1130 then swung by and got Dexter from my parent's house and went home. He loves going over there to play so we try to take him there as much as possible especially when we aren't going to be home all evening.

Saturday morning we actually woke up semi early for once :-) We had our leftovers from olive garden and decided to catch a matinee showing of Gran Turino. It was sooo good/sad. I definitely recommend it. After that we finally found some black suede curtains from bed bath and beyond that were long enough to put behind our screen in basement to help make more of a theater room ambiance. Its a slow expensive process. Like just the curtains alone were 200 dollars to put behind the screen and then the doorway leading into the weight room. We still have to paint the baseboards gray, put up gray trim on wall, paint ceiling black and paint staircase. Oh and get theater chairs. I'm sure it'll take us another year to do it all with all our extra money going toward the wedding now. Oh well....at least we have the projector, screen and surround sound. Good enough for me :-) Saturday night I came in for 5 hours and worked with Debbie. It was nice to catch up with her and also help the lab catch up on drug chem samples.

On Sunday, Nathan and I layed in bed and were bums practically the entire day. We got up to eat twice and mail a few bills and some netflix movies. Other than that I started reading Midnight sun (twilight from edward's perspective) some more and then passed out. Monday at work was pretty uneventful. Not too busy with ASI samples....just drug chem. I worked on 8 different drug chem samples throughout the day and tried fiddling with the EG system. ANNOYING! After work Nate and I made chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. It was yummy :-) I love putting peanut butter and syrup on top of my choc. chip pancakes. Tastes like a reese's peanut butter cup!! I made Nathan watch The Women with me also lol :-) I had nathan download the twilight soundtrack for me and then I read a few more pages of Midnight sun before passing out.

The drive wasn't too terrible this morning except for in my neighborhood. We are supposed to get a few more inches today though so wish me luck !! I hate driving in the snow :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment