Sunday, May 31, 2009

May 31, 2009


Gosh, this month has flown by! Monday was Memorial day, so Nathan and I rounded up Dexter and went to my parents for some porksteaks, kabobs, and brats..... YUM! We hung out with my mom's side of the family for awhile and then we headed up to Target to get the rest of the cardstock and thank you's needed for wedding invites. Now I just have to figure out what to put on them and get them printed. I went into work at 10pm that night which was nice, except I left my keys in Nathan's car and had to take my mom's jeep which didn't have my work badge or an umbrella. So I had to get a temp badge and was soaking wet. It was horrible!!


Tuesday was slightly hectic, and I'm glad softball got rained out. I got my nails done and my mom dyed my hair to even it out more. It's all bleached out from being in Arizona and the few times I tanned before Kristy's wedding. I had to go home to drop Dex off and get dressed to meet Nathan at PF Changs for Kelly's going away party (girl from double D). Then 270 was closed at my exit so I had to go all the way around. It was a pain. Dinner was amazing!! We had so much food and wine it was crazy! I think I'm still stuffed!!


On Wednesday my Dad came over to put up backsplash tile in the kitchen and I cleaned up the house and mowed and helped him in between. Nathan went in work half a day so that was nice, b/c the three of us got to go to Pirrone's for lunch. My dad came back the next day to grout the tile and we realized the big glue dots that connected the 2 inch tiles were so thick they showed up through the grout. It was a huge mess and my dad ended up ripping down all the tile and buying new that was connected on the back by a mesh. It looks really nice now and I appreciate all his hardwork!


I bartended my first real night with Sarah on Thursday night. It was fun and a nice easy way to make extra cash with things being tight now with all the wedding stuff. Nathan came up and drank too which was nice. His friend Joe met him and decided to throw up all over the floor....neat huh!? lol. I didn't have to clean it up thankfully! We went and got taco bell after the bar closed and went to Schnucks to get groceries for camping. We got up at 9 (only 4 or 5 hrs sleep) and packed the car to go camping at Cuivre River State Park with Debbie's family. We hiked and layed out at the beach. We also played catch, washers, drank some beer, took pictures, etc. It was a blast! It was so relaxing to get away even if it was only one day and one night. That night we cooked burgers on the fire and ate s'mores. Dexter took such a liking to Luca...it was adorable!! I'll have to post pics when I get them loaded on the computer. This is a cute one of Nico showing his little brother how to build a sandcastle....priceless. Saturday morning it stormed sooo hard, but it was kind of for the better b/c it pushed us to get our butts up and get moving. We helped Debbie get things cleaned up and followed her home to make sure she made it up the hill!!! Her house is soo huge and awesome! I wish I lived way out there if it wasn't for the long drive and being so far from my parents!


It seemed like my four days off were soooo long which is awesome!! It was nice to get out and get some fresh air and sun and hang out with good company. I'm looking forward to plenty more camping trips this summer. :-) I'm also pleased to hear that Ella (Jenn's newborn) is off her ventilator today and doing much better. It's been so hard for Jenn to go home without her little girl and she has been in my thoughts and prayers constantly!! I wish I could just up and go to NC for a week and see her....I just don't have the vacation or money right now. I miss her and can't wait to see her new family member!

1 comment:

  1. Hey those are some cute little boys there :-)
    Yay, for more camping we love hanging out with you guys.

    ReplyDelete