Monday, December 22, 2008

December 22, 2008

I decided to come into work tonight after calling in sick Saturday and Sunday. On Friday I went to get my nails done and then went and tried on my dress in the light ivory color with my mom and I loved it! So I brought it home along with my hot pink dress for Kristy's wedding and my veil. Whew...1 more thing out of the way before October. I'm surprisingly calm about the wedding planning thus far and it helps a lot with the wedding coordinator but the little stuff will add up sooner or later I'm sure. After I left David's Bridal, Nathan and I met Crystal and Eric for dinner at Casa Gallardo in Fairview Heights. I had an amazing Margarita and chicken quesadilla :-) . After that we wanted to just chill so we went back to their house and had game night and drank some wine. YUM YUM! We played Mad Gab, Cranium, and Imaginiff and, of course, the girls dominated!! We went to my parents house and spent the night around 2am b/c we were going to my Grandma's for Christmas that afternoon. We woke up late (1pm lol) and got ready and went to my Grandma's. We do a gift exchange between my dad's siblings and their kids and I drew my half-brother BJ's wife Mandi this year. Its a $25 dollar limit so I got her a necklace and earrings from New York and Company and some lotion from Bath and Body Works. My cousin Michelle had my name and she got me a coach hat and scarf (sooo cute :-) ) and some scrapbooking stuff. My aunt can get 40% off some coach stuff through her work so I definitely got something worth more than the $25 dollar limit. YAY for me! My uncle got Nate an Al Capone flask which was nice. Nate wasn't in the drawing this year b/c we aren't married yet. I also found out my half-brother and his wife are expecting again and due in June. I swear them and Jenn are on the same schedule. Saturday night we kinda just chilled and watched TV. Nate has gotten me hooked on The Office so we watched the first season and are halfway through the second. I thought it was kinda dumb at first but now I'm hooked :-) I love it. We still have 2 more seasons to watch and are currently watching the 5th every Thursday night. Sunday we slept in and then bought paint and finished painting the purple in the basement. Then we played Scattergories and watched more of The Office. Today we had to drop Dexter off for his 10 month comprehensive exam (88 .6 pounds!!!) and all checked out well. Nate and I also went to the Chiropractor and then we ate Buffalo Wild Wings (YUM!!) and picked up Dex and went home. After that I took a nap and came to work. Fun times !! I'm going to attempt to read Twilight. The first time I was slightly bored with it and stopped after 30 pages to read a Jodi Picoult book, but I just finished Secret Life of Bees (soo good and can't wait to rent movie) and Nate bought Twilight for me at Sam's club so I'm trying to read again and it's better this time. I'm being more patient and I'm about 100 pages in. Well, I have to go write up my FY09 goals for work and do my timecard for the payperiod.

No comments:

Post a Comment