Saturday, December 27, 2008

December 27, 2008

WOW! I can't believe I'll be writing 2009 before I know it. Where did this year go? I feel like I just started working at Covidien and that was way back in February! Yesterday Nathan, Dexter and I went to Jacksonville for dinner with his mom, gma, and siblings. After dinner we opened presents and took some pictures and went on to Springfield. We can't stay the night at his mom's because they have several cats and Nate is very allergic. We will invest in allergy shots at some point but right now we don't have the time and money to deal w/ that. Too many wedding plans :-). We stayed at his friends Bob and Taush's. Dexter was more excited than us because they have a rotty only 2 months younger than Dex, so they had lots of fun playing together. We played Mario Kart on the Wii and watched the Office (I'm on season 3 now) until bed. Dexter got sick during the night and puked like 4 different times. Nathan was fast enough to grab the paper towel roll and catch the puke while i held his head. We are pros at this because since he had stomach surgery any and everything makes that dog puke. He has such a sensitive stomach for a 90 pound pooch. At one point he dry-heaved and this little chunk of puke flew out and landed on my glasses. SOOO GROSS!!! So I started dry-heaving and Nathan is laughing at me! It was soo funny and also at 530 in the morning so we are trying to be quiet b/c they are sleeping. It was sooo funny!! Poor Dex.... :-( This morning we went to Denney jewelers to pick out our bands. Mine will just match the band of my engagement ring so that was easy enough. Nathan was torn between a white gold band with a few tiny diamonds, a tungsten, and a platinum band w/ some decorative grooves. Of course he goes with the one thats $1200 more than the rest lol. That's okay I got platinum too. Its only fair. Platinum is down about 40% b/c of the economy....and that's only since May when we got my engagement ring!! Craziness! Its almost as cheap as gold now. Platinum is perfect for me b/c it can't be hurt by any of the chemicals at work or scratched or dulled. I still wear my gma's wedding band and its 70 years old and platinum. After we picked our bands I got my eng ring cleaned and then we went to my fave place in the world PANERA!! YUM YUM :-) On the way home there was HORRIBLE weather and they came on the radio saying a tornado touched down on the same highway we were on, just 20 miles north of us!! We arrived home safely though so thats good. I took a nap and shower and now I'm at work just catching up reading Debbie and Jenn's blogs and doing some samples in between.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! I know you tell me everything, but this way maybe I can keep up on our days off.
    Great that you joined the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete